Yes! We finally have internet in our apartments! Below, you’ll find postings for what has happened in the past three days.
Last night I banged on Mike’s door and asked what time he wanted to meet at the gym, five thirty or six. He chose six (thank goodness), but I wanted him to think that it was his choice. So we met at the gym and it was pretty chilly this morning. And, it turns out the gym has no heating or air conditioning, so we jumped on some elliptical machines to get warmed up. After an hour on the elliptical machines we went to get something to eat.
Fridays and Sundays at Kissimmee are late reporting days, so it’s like having a half day twice a week. Mike had some work to catch up on, so he went into the office to get caught up on. What it is I have no idea because we had no internet or phones working in our offices. I, on the other hand, took a shower and went back to sleep for a few hours.
I woke up just in time to get dressed and get into work. Sometime in the morning, someone got a hold of a dozen monitors, so Mike, Ashley, and I put our computers together only to find out that no one got any computer mice. A very nice lady from I.T. came down and finished setting up our computers and also brought a mouse for each of us. However, there is still no connectivity in our offices and we don’t have our accounts set up yet.
We putzed around for most of the afternoon and cleaned up again. I had turned on the fan on our air conditioning unit last night and it blew out a lot of black construction dust and who-knows-what-else. The stuff was all over and it was like I hadn’t even dusted yesterday.
And speaking of air conditioning, my apartment is in the basement. So is Mike’s. We don’t have windows and our apartments are hot and stuffy. Ashley’s apartment is on the third floor and her room is too cold. We are told that our heaters/a.c. units will be working soon. I certainly hope so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
I'm so glad you have internet. The old days of deployments must have really sucked. You confused me with "computer mice." I think the plural of computer mice should be computer mouses. It sounds better to me. Who knows?
ReplyDelete